Saturday, September 27, 2008

Ahhh...a moment of sleep...


There are moments in my day when I look at this face and can't believe how blessed Clint and I are to have been given such an awesome responsibility of raising this little boy. He runs me to the point of exhaustion most days...and nap times I cherish. I often hold him close after he falls asleep and turn off the tv just so I can hear him breath. It is in these small moments in my day when I say a little prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father to be given such a perfect little boy. I am thankful for the little smiles he gives me when I walk in the room. I am thankful for the way he totally ignores me when he hears Clints voice or sees him walk by. I am thankful for the lessons he has taught me in patience. I am so thankful for getting to see in his face what pure joy looks like. I am thankful for the loud, belly laugh playful moments and thankful for the quiet moments right before sleep when he stares at my face. I am thankful for the way he has opened my heart to a world of motherhood. I am thankful for my son!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you get my last post ? I have been Skypeing you off and on all night
Where is you?